Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Granola Cake

Our latest baking assignment for Tuesdays with Dorie is this Granola Cake from Baking Chez Moi.

Dorie calls it a snack cake but I think it is more like a pan cookie. It was delicious but quite dense from the granola, chocolate and coconut. My husband likened it to a magic bar cookie but much better and less sweet. This disappeared quickly in our house and I would make it again.

Granola Cake page 54 Baking Chez Moi. To see what others did this week head over to Tuesdays with Dorie.

6 comments:

  1. My family agrees! More like a cookie bar. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was delish wasn't it. I thought it was like a slice - a US bar cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pan cookie is a good description for it. Glad it was a hit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks delicious, a giant pan cookie is a very good description of it. No wonder I like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup this one is a keeper and I'll be making it again soon. Definitely more like a square or a slice but whatever - SO good!

    ReplyDelete