Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Dorie's Cookies

This week's baking from Dorie's Cookies included little bites. Up first Pfefferneusse (German for peppernut). According to Dorie these cookies are made with chopped nuts, lots of spice and citrus. I have not heard of these cookies before so this is a new recipe for me. I was expecting a savory cookie due to ingredients of black pepper and dry mustard but these were a lovely spice cookie. I think it is cute that Dorie thinks the chocolate glaze is optional. Chocolate is never optional in my book but a necessity.


These are French Snacklettes, small nugget of a cookie. These cookies include almonds, sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, butter and mini chocolate chips. I found  the dough fussy and had trouble keeping them into shapes. Despite my troubles with the dough they are delicious. I have to say that I think there is a down size to a pint-size cookies, it promotes snacking one after the other.

These cookie recipes are from Dorie's new cookbook. The Pfefferneusse is available this month only from Dorie's website. Tuesdays with Dorie is an international baking group working our way through Dorie's cookbooks. To see what others made this week head over to Tuesdays with Dorie.

10 comments:

  1. Both look delicious! I made the pfefferneusse and so flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look so delicious! Good to know about the recipe availability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol on chocolate not being optional...my guys would definitely agree, me not so much. :-) Your cookies look wonderful, and wow, you did two kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cookies looks great! I got to try the snacklettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snacklettes look too good! Both your batches look yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard about these cookies but they turned out quite special. Like what you said about the chocolate glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great Diane. I have not had an opportunity to make them but will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that chocolate is never optional for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol...I love chocolate too...especially in choc chip cookies :)

    ReplyDelete