Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Friday, August 19, 2016

French Fridays - Tomato Mustard Tart

My neighbor brought me over a bag of tomatoes from his garden, a nice summer surprise. My husband made a batch of marinara sauce but I had my eye on this tomato- mustard tart from Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. 

I had made the other version of Gerard's Mustard Tart with carrots and leeks twice already. The reviews of the tomato version were good so I was looking forward to making it. It was delicious and I do like it better than the other one. The sweetness of the tomatoes pairs with mustard quite well. I think this will be a new summer favorite.

I am continuing on my journey of cooking my way through Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan sans group. The recipe is available from NY Times.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I've seen Dorie make that a few times over the summer - I need to get some fab tomatoes and make it too. The mustart tart with carrots/leeks was one of my fave ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous Diane - so perfect for a summery brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fresh tomatoes straight from someones garden such a lovely gift:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fresh tomatoes straight from someones garden such a lovely gift:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize there was a tomato mustard option! I think I'd like this even better than the original!!! It looks wonderful, Diane!

    ReplyDelete