Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Monday, July 11, 2016

Rice Pudding, Strawberries and Spiced Hibiscus Syrup

In June, Tuesdays with Dorie baking group made this rice pudding. I finally had a chance to make this recipe. I voted for this as I have a pudding and rice lover in my house.
Making pudding from scratch is a labor of love as it involves stirring for almost 40 minutes but the wait is well worth it. This pudding was delicious with Arborio rice, whole milk, sugar and vanilla bean. I substituted blueberries for the strawberries which tasted just fine. Don't skip the spiced hibiscus syrup as it really elevates the dish.

Tuesdays with Dorie is an international baking group working our way through Dorie's cookbooks. We do not publish the recipes instead we encourage you to buy the book. To see what others made this week head over to Tuesdays with Dorie.

1 comment:

  1. This is for sure a rice lover's dessert made with a lot of stirring and love. I used blueberries as well. Loved the color combination.

    ReplyDelete