Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Risotto with Shrimp, Arugula, and Lemon Cream

This week's cooking assignment for IHCC is surf and/or turf, I chose to surf it with this shrimp risotto from Curtis Stone's Good Food, Good Life cookbook. I chose this recipe because it has some of my favorite ingredients; shrimp and arugula.
This is more than a 30 minute recipe but well worth the effort. We have not made risotto before so a new technique and a new recipe. My husband and I loved it and would make it again. We decided not to make the lemon cream that goes on top as the dish seemed rich enough without. Highly recommend this recipe.

6 comments:

  1. The addition of arugula is inspired. It's such a great way to lighten up a rich dish. Another Curtis recipe bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that combination of flavors. Was the arugula added at the very end? It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always certain charm with a well made risotto. I think about making risotto more than I actually make them. One of my favorite dishes! Great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have being eying this recipe since I got the book. So glad to hear you recommend it. It looks fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I love risotto and this version begs to be made. I think this looks perfect as you've made it, no lemon cream necessary.

    A lovely and special meal! - Love the plating.

    ReplyDelete