Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Friday, April 18, 2014

French Fridays with Dorie

Baby bok choy, sugar snaps, and garlic en papillote
Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan


I am always appreciative of learning new ways to cook vegetables and this recipe was no exception.  I loved the way the vegetables steamed and the great flavors only from a few ingredients.  I served the vegetables with fish as Dorie suggested, I liked it just fine but my husband thought another fish like trout would have been better.  Another reason to make these again.  And how about the clean up, those foil packages make for neat cooking.  You can get the recipe here: http://www.sisboomblog.com/2014/04/baby-bok-choy-en-papillote-sugar-snaps-garlic/

8 comments:

  1. Hi Diane! Looking good! And yes, you certainly can't beat the clean up that cooking en papillote affords. I have two choys left from my TJ box and they are earmarked for salmon tonight... but now that you mention trout... hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed these veggies! And you cannot beat the clean up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely a keeper recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved these veggie packets. You're right. The clean up is hard to beat. Another plus for this recipe. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The minimal clean up was the best part! Glad you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dish looks delicious. I served mine with salmon too, it was a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. I served with chicken, but I'm tempted by the first that you and others chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, this was an easy clean-up, wasn't it? I'm like so many others who liked the steaming method but don't often use it. I love trout so agree with your husband that it might be the perfect "foil" to the veggies. Trout is rather mild so it would work great, I think.

    ReplyDelete