Artwork by Jacob

Artwork by Jacob

Friday, April 11, 2014

French Fridays with Dorie

Quiche Maraichere


We are having a heat wave right now in southern California, so this was the perfect meal for a hot spring night.  The crust turned out great and I used the extra dough to make a double thick side crust.  I used sharp cheddar cheese for the topping because it is what I had on hand.  The recipe was liked by the family and I am thinking of serving it for Mother's Day brunch.  I think this was the best quiche because it is not too heavy, it is light on both eggs and cream.
Link to recipe

16 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I liked it so much - not so heavy, less eggs and cream. Glad you and your family enjoyed it. And, a Mother's Day brunch item - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea making it for Mother's Day... but let someone do the cooking for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do my own cooking for Mother's Day but I'll let the others do the dishes:)

      Delete
  3. We loved this one too! Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job. Your quiche looks great and I agree it will be perfect for a Mother's Day Brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this would definitely be great for any family gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I will be making mine next week and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely quiche! I also thought it was perfect for spring entertaining -

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be perfect for Mother's Day. I'm glad to hear you and your family enjoyed it. It is definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quiche looks lovely. My husband would definitely like a thick crust.. I think that is generally his favorite part of a quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A salad would have really been nice with this - you are right, it is a perfect brunch item!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks FAB! I love the golden color of the cheddar we used! A simple green salad is perfect with the quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the quiche! It was such a versatile recipe! The cheese crust on top of your looks divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be great brunch quiche. Light and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yours turned out perfectly. Love the idea of serving this on Mothers' Day - perfect!

    ReplyDelete